Keto 90 second bread is a low carb, grain-free bread that you can make basically in 90 seconds. It’s perfect if you want an Atkins bread, keto bread, or just a general low carb bread.
Technically, the time is a little more because you need a couple minutes to stir together the ingredients. But in the microwave, the cook time is about 90 seconds. (And if you don’t have a microwave, don’t worry – I’ve got instructions for the oven, too!)
I’m not sure who came up with microwave bread first, but I’m pretty sure it started out using wheat flour and wasn’t low carb. These days, the name “90 second bread” seems to indicate a low carb microwave bread, and there are various versions of it.
Many people ask about a 90 second bread with almond flour only, whereas the other version also includes coconut flour. So, I made some adjustments, and came up with an improved, chewier 90 second bread recipe…
Keto 90 Second Bread with Almond Flour – Low Carb Recipe
A keto 90 second bread recipe with 5 ingredients! This low carb 90 second bread with almond flour is chewy, with texture like real bread.
- 1 tbsp Butter (can use ghee or coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 3 tbsp Blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp Psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1 large Egg
- Melt the butter, ghee, or coconut oil in a small glass rectangular container.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the almond flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the melted butter, then whisk in the egg and stir everything together until smooth. Level the top with the back of a spoon.
- Microwave Method: Microwave for about 90 seconds, until firm.
Oven Method: Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees F (177 degrees C), until firm.
- Run a knife along the edges, then flip onto a plate or paper towel to release.
- Cut in half to form two thick slices. You can slice each piece in half for thinner slices if desired.
- Toast in a toaster for best results (highly recommended). This improves texture and reduces any egg-y flavor.